Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Grace!
You are a Grace -- "I need to understand the world."
Graces have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.
How to Get Along with Me
- Be independent, not clingy
- Speak in a straightforward and brief manner
- I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts
- Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable
- Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity
- If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place
- don't come on like a bulldozer
- Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy
What I Like About Being a Grace
- standing back and viewing life objectively
- coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects
- my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure
- not being caught up in material possessions and status
- being calm in a crisis
What's Hard About Being a Grace
- * being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
- * feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
- * being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be
- * watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally
Graces as Children Often
- spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on
- have a few special friends rather than many
- are very bright and curious and do well in school
- have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers
- watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information
- assume a poker face in order not to look afraid
- are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict
- feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected
Graces as Parents
- are often kind, perceptive, and devoted
- are sometimes authoritarian and demanding
- may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
- may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions
Yes, a lot of this hits close to home ... especially the last Parenting part. hmmm.
in other news, we had a most fabulous weekend away, in MA for the Sol LeWitt opening, and a few pics will be forthcoming shortly. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in I don't know how long. And my feet, which were still recovering from the marathon, are now recovering from dancing also. Good times :).