Rahti Gorfien, of Creative Calling Coaching, is a Life Coach and Park Slope mom, specializing in creative mothers with universal and yet unique challenges to succeed both personally as mothers and professionally as artists. She is also a regular contributor to Hip Slope Mama. Read and subscribe to her newsletter for additional tips and essays.
Keep reading for info on her fall Group Coaching classes, starting this week!
New Creative Calling Coaching Groups Launching in Fall ‘09!
Freelance and Artist Parents
2 spots left! Meets starting Thursday 10/8 12:30PM-2PM
Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn
If you are ready to embrace the largeness of your life rather than experience it as hopelessly fragmented, then you’ve come to the right place. This is a group for moms and dads who are determined to fulfill their artistic and vocational visions as well as their domestic responsibilities. Having a team of other parents cheering you on and lending hands-on support is invaluable.
By the end of this session you will:
- Evaluate and re-energize your vocational goals
- Create an action plan
- Maintain boundaries that support your individual plan
- Have a support team to keep you accountable
- Be a happier mom or dad, with a happier family!
Artist Career JumpStart
Location: The Field, NYC
If you feel you’re too overwhelmed by the logistics of survival to thrive as a professional artist, or are just ‘taking shots’ or ‘dabbling’ at having a career because you lack the needed resilience to persevere,this group is for you. As a team we will dare to dream again and renew our inspiration. This group is for people who’ve been around the block, taken some hits or are burnt out, but have the guts to ante up again. It’s for people who have the courage to view mistakes as feedback, and failure as the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. All genders and artistic mediums welcome. (Note: I do not make judgments about what qualifies as an ‘artistic’ medium.)
By the end of this course you will:
- Devise an action plan for your next project
- Joyously make and/or promote your work again
- Accelerate your productivity
- Develop a stronger sense of artistic autonomy and resilience, bylearning not to take either positive or negative criticism tooseriously
- Be a more fulfilled artist!