You have one month left … what are you going to do with it?
2009 is winding down, and you’ve got one month left! What’s on your list, or in your heart, that you want to get done before 2010? I phrased the question a little vaguely (…) on purpose, because it’s easy to get caught up in to-do’s and miss the little things that we think we’ll find time for someday. You never know when you’ll run out of somedays, and regrets just plain stink. I don’t subscribe to them if I can help it, but I do put accomplishment in front of enjoyment sometimes, which tends to breed regrets.
What important things do you want to get done before the end of the year? I’ll give you mine …
- I want to do some cards/letters this year, which I always say I’ll do and then end up maybe writing 5 at the last minute. I’d love to do a real one, and say hi to my friends in a more concrete way than a FaceBook status update.
- File taxes. Yes, I know, don’t tell me how late and how many penalties and yadda yadda, I’ve heard it all :). I can try to blame finances (haven’t tackled my own in 10 years, too many schedules). I will regret it if I don’t get it done though!
- Dream some more, with my kids, about the kind of place we want to build. Find a way/place to store the ideas and sketches.
- Find a way to take the boys to a holiday show, ie Wintuk or the like.
- Make the duvet cover I’ve been plotting in my head for oh, a year now, and have the pieces scattered over my desk. It’s important in that I’ll take time to do something creative that will be enjoyed every day.
So, what important thing(s) are you hoping to finish in this last 1/12 of 2009? Please share at least one!