My favorite finds of the week, including a great new freebie for moms!
Check ‘em out …
- Massive Relief Effort : Ways to help Haiti … as of this morning 8 million has been donated to the Red Cross via text messaging alone ($10 at a time)! A friend on FB commented how disasters bring out the best and worst in us, and it seem so true. More links here.
- Pat Robertson and Me : The Knee Jerk Edition by Aaryn B at the WC. Her take on Pat’s judgemental and extreme comments regarding the crisis in Haiti, and the link she offers for more perspective, both give some great insights into the situation. I find myself embarrassed to call myself a Christian when I read proclamations like Pat’s, as I can’t imagine Christ acting that way, ever.
- Perfect Moms Finish Last : A new series of dead-on interviews by Carley Knobloch, which she started because “I wanted to start a conversation. I wanted to hear from exemplary, visible moms who are showing up in the world in an impactful way, leading the way for moms who need to rescued from “PMD” (Perfect Mom Disorder). I have hand-picked women who I feel have created a lifestyle that allows them to be EXACTLY who they are as individuals while raising their children, and I want to have candid conversations with them about how they make things work, where they feel stuck or pressured, and what they do to stay true to themselves.” Great stuff, free, and easy to listen to/download! No strings attached.
- Shopping With Mother : Whoopie hits a home run, again. SO true! And her illustrations are so perfectly delightful.
- Visionary Mom, aka Lisa Delzer : found via twitter, many great, short, to-the-point ways for moms to brighten their outlook and day. Worth checking out.
- And lastly, these tranquil images of simple homes that helped me settle in the midst of a difficult week.
Peace to you my friends, may you hold someone you love a little tighter tonight.