I would! With the weather warming up (well, it was until this week, but I’ve not given up on it quite yet!) recipes that don’t use the oven are all the more welcome in my kitchen. These no-bake cookies were created by Amie of The Healthy Apple, look utterly fab, and I’ll be making them as soon as I get to Sahadi’s to pick up some more dried fruit! Let me know if you give them a whirl, and how they go over in your house.
No-Bake Macadamia Cherry Cookies
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup dried peaches, chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Place macadamia nuts and peanuts in a food processor; process for 2 minutes or until mixture forms a crumb texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine nut mixture, cherries, peaches and honey; mix well.
- Mold into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut flakes.
- Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
Amie shares her passion for and approach to ‘Clean Eating’ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Through The Healthy Apple, Amie provides balanced, accessible and engaging information on the most basic components of good health.