With the weekend sighting of my first firefly, and the proliferation of wet towels and boys around here, I think summer has arrived. With it come many things, and my question this week is simple … what signals summertime the most to you?
The first few things that come to mind for me:
- Fireflies of course
- Wet bathings suits on every doorknob (if I’m lucky) and lying moldy on the bedroom floor if I’m not
- Icee carts on every corner, and the continual begging from my boys with Puuullleeeeeease can we get an icee?
- Fans, humidity, and grabbing for the sheets when my boys pass thru my room in the morning because I’ve slept in my underwear yet again.
- Picking herbs from my pots on the porch, instead of shelling out money for fresh mint and basil.
- Flip flops, bare feet, and enforced foot-washing when I remember. Filthy sheets when I don’t.
- Never wanting to cook again
- Red and truly ripe tomatoes!
What signs of summer do you see around your place?