I’m not sure I could ask anything else this week, other than what are you thankful for? It’s American Thanksgiving, and I went on about the subject of general thankfulness a few days ago, so it’s hard not to ask … can you share 5 things you’re thankful for this week? Here are the first 5 that pop into my head …
- I’m thankful that my parents stopped by last weekend, as I typically get a bit depressed this week because I can’t go be with my family for the holiday like we always used to do. It was fabulous to see them!
- I’m thankful for a new camera that I can play with endlessly and is super easy to use. I’m loving it :).
- I’m thankful for two crazy delightful and endlessly inventive boys, who I’m learning to appreciate more and correct a little less.
- I’m thankful that my husband’s had lots of work the last few weeks, and has more scheduled for the next month or so too.
- I’m thankful for great books to read, and a comfy bed in which to devour them.
As for plans for Thanksgiving itself, what’s on your schedule, if you’re celebrating this week? We can’t make the trip from NY to St. Louis where my family gathers, but will really enjoy getting together with my aunt and uncle who live less than 2 miles from us. Minimal travel, great company, and all I have to bring is a pumpkin pie, which I’ll be making the GF way this year. I plan to bring some GF biscuts too, so Douglas and I have something to carry the requisite mounds of butter and gravy that will need to be sopped up.